Welcome to Jamestown Audubon’s website that is all about School Programs. Our programs for schools are age-appropriate, participatory, and designed to help your students meet learning standards set forth by the New York State and Pennsylvania Departments of Education.
Where to Click Next:
Here are descriptions of what you will find at each of the links in the black bar above.
- Classroom: to learn the logistics of scheduling a day of classroom visits.
- Grade Level (PreK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6): to learn titles available for classroom presentations at each grade level and how each is designed to meet NYS and PA standards.
- Field Trips: to learn how to schedule a field trip to the Nature Center and what to expect on your field trip.
- Walking Field Trips: to learn how to schedule a time to meet a naturalist at a park or natural area near your school.
- Etc: to learn how we can work together to create a program specific to your needs. In addition to Elementary School programs, we can also do Teacher Workshops, middle school and high school programs. We can also present topics other than our standard titles.
- Downloads: to download all kinds of forms and materials such as permission slips, classroom sign-up sheets, classroom pre- and post-visit materials, evaluation forms, and more.
- Feedback: to give us feedback after a program we do for you!
Costs / Fees 2015-2016
- Classroom visits (5 lessons on one day) $174
- A field trip to the Nature Center (1.5-2 hours) for one class of around 20 students is $87
- A Walking Field Trip costs $174 for a class of around 20 students
- But talk to us first. If your school is very far away and you want us to come to you, we may have to charge a little more for travel. If your class or group is particularly small or large, we may want to set a per student fee when you come here. Sometimes we have funding to assist with costs.
BOCES Co-Ser: If your school is listed in the right sidebar, your district is participating in a Co-Service Agreement through Erie 2 Chautauqua Cattaraugus BOCES and has already budgeted to include Audubon programs in your curricula. Contact your principal for more information.
Schools not listed have paid for Audubon programs in a variety of ways. For example, sometimes, especially for field trips, each child pays a fee. Sometimes, especially for a day of classroom presentations, a PTA organization will pay.
Not a school? That’s OK. These programs can be done for other youth organizations. Call and talk to us!
If you have any questions, please call or email one of our educators:
Jennifer Schlick, Program Director
Jeff Tome, Senior Naturalist
Sarah Hatfield, Senior Naturalist
Katie Finch, Teacher/Naturalist
Our email addresses are formed from first initial and last name followed by the @ symbol, then jamestownaudubon.org.
Or use this form:
Photo across the top: Chiildren from C.C. Ring Elementary School in Jamestown went on a Walking Field Trip to College Park and met Audubon naturalists to learn and explore the woods.