Welcome to Jamestown Audubon’s website that is all about School Programs. Our programs for schools are age-appropriate, participatory, and designed to help your students meet learning standards set forth by the New York State and Pennsylvania Departments of Education.
Where to Click Next:
Here are descriptions of what you will find at each of the gray tabs pictured above.
- Classroom: to learn the logistics of scheduling a day of classroom visits.
- Grade Level: to learn titles available for classroom presentations at each grade level and how each is designed to meet NYS and PA standards.
- Fieldtrips: to learn how to schedule a fieldtrip to Audubon and what to expect on your field trip.
- Other: to learn how we can work together to create a program specific to your needs. In addition to Elementary School programs, we can also do Teacher Workshops, middle school and high school programs. We can also present topics other than our standard titles.
- Announcements: to find out what’s happening at Audubon that might be of interest to you and/or your students.
- Downloads: to download all kinds of forms and materials such as permission slips, classroom sign-up sheets, classroom pre- and post-visit materials, evaluation forms, and more.
Costs / Fees 2012-2013
Generally speaking, a day of classroom visits costs $162.50. A fieldtrip (1.5-2 hours) for one class of around 20 students is $81.25. But talk to us first. If your school is very far away and you want us to come to you, we may have to charge a little more for travel. If your class or group is particularly small or large, we may want to set a per student fee when you come here.
If your school is listed in the right sidebar, your district is participating in a Co-Service Agreement through Erie 2 Chautauqua Cattaraugus BOCES and has already budgeted to include Audubon programs in your curricula. Contact your principal for more information.
Schools not listed have paid for Audubon programs in a variety of ways. For example, sometimes, especially for fieldtrips, each child pays a fee. Sometimes, especially for a day of classroom presentations, a PTA organization will pay.
Not a school? That’s OK. These programs can be done for other youth organizations. Call and talk to us!
If you have any questions, please call or email one of our educators:
Jennifer Schlick, Program Director
Jeff Tome, Senior Naturalist
Sarah Hatfield, Teacher/Naturalist
Katie Finch, Teacher/Naturalist
Our email addresses are formed from first initial and last name followed by the @ symbol, then jamestownaudubon.org.
Or use this form:
Photos across the top are: White Oak, Mouse Tracks in Snow, Canada Goose – Goslings, and Common Green Darner – Female.